Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Why Another Blog?

I'll admit it. I'm a blog junkie. This is the 11th blog that I maintain, created, or contribute to. Some of my blogs are sadly neglected. Others started out really strong but when my old iBook laptop died, so did the attention they got. (My old Imac and Power Macintosh G3 couldn't update Blogger posts.)

With the purchase of my MacBook in June, I re-dedicated myself to my blogs ... and have been doing ... well, "better." But not great.

So Jon just came into my office and noticed the new blog. "Randomly Bridget, huh?" he said. Yep, I replied. It's the place for me to keep the kind of stuff that I normally put in a notebook. Articles I want to be able to reference again. Thoughts on a variety of subjects that don't make my subject-specific blogs.

I don't expect my blog posts to be turned into a book, like some blogs have. (The one on Julia Childs, for example.)

Oh, and to demonstrate the true randomness of "Randomly Bridget," I'm posting this link, to a website I found when I was looking for this site. The little cartoon intro is a bit long, but cute. I didn't sign up for it. It's $24.95, and my Paypal account is empty at the moment, because I've been delinquent on publishing the next issue of Resume Writers' Digest ... and when I don't publish, I perish. (Well, my Paypal account does, anyway.)

I recently read Gretchen Rubin's "Happiness Project" and found it to be quite interesting. Of course, like many books I read, the ideas get into my head, and never get any further.

One thing that would make me happier is less clutter in my office. And, at the moment, I'm overwhelmed with paper. Looking around, that includes: Client resumes in various stages of completion (including several that just need to be finalized!). Business files (years worth of file folders stuffed with business and personal receipts). A whole tote with paper that needs to be shredded. (I'm working on it, one paper sack at a time!) Client projects. Unopened membership renewals.

I'm going to work on getting more of this stuff out of my office and onto my computer. Into "the cloud" as it's called. And one way for me to organize some of this stuff is to put it into this blog. One post at a time, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment